* DETOX PROGRAM
- What about the detox drinks and the supplements?
Every day we will give you detox juices as well as supplements:
Bentonite Clay: composed of aged volcanic ash. Bentonite Clay is a unique clay due to its ability to produce an “electrical charge” when hydrated. Upon contact with fluid, its electrical components change, giving it the ability to absorb toxins. Bentonite is known for its ability to absorb and remove toxins, heavy metals, impurities, and chemicals.
- Do I need to be fit to join the retreats?
Not at all. The most important thing is to be prepared to get fit! It will be mentally and physically challenging, but very rewarding.
- I have some injuries and/or medical conditions that I am concerned about. Will I be able to join the retreats?
- Do I need travel insurance?
Yes. In fact it is mandatory for all of our guests. It is highly recommended to travel in S.E. Asia with travel insurance.
- What if I decide to skip a session or activity or I sleep in?
- What is the food like? Can I get special meals for my intolerance?
Our primary cleanse is deep cleansing with only liquids such as vegetable and fruit juices. However, if you want we can give you raw food and light soup (pumpkin and vegetable broth soup). Just let us know before joining our retreat
- What if I eat or drink out in Ubud instead of at Villa Gaia?
That's your choice but there will not be any refund or credits on any juices or meal you miss at Villa Gaia.
- Do I need any vaccinations?
You should seek your own medical advice prior to traveling. We recommend taking sensible precautions against mosquito by using personal insect repellent. You will notice the mosquitos are more prevalent in the hotter beach areas
- What do I need to bring?
- What if I get sick or injured?
- What is colonic hydrotherapy?
Colonic Hydrotherapy is also referred to as Colonic Irrigation or a Colonic. Colonic Hydrotherapy uses gentle, filtered, temperature controlled water for inner cleansing of the colon, essentially ‘cleaning the pipes’. Over the years, with poor digestive function, the digestive system may not effectively eliminate waste resulting in an accumulation of faecal matter including bad bacteria, mould, yeast and parasites. If stored for too long it leads to an unhealthy digestive environment which may result in symptoms such as bloating, gas, headaches or skin conditions.
- Who will do the colonic hydrotherapy?
The colonic will be done by the medical nurses trained by professional doctors. The colonic treatment will be gentle and done in a professional way.
- What is infrared sauna?
- What is abdominal massage?
Abdominal massage is a practice that helps to tone and strengthen the muscles located in your abdomen. This helps your digestive system tremendously.
- How many kilos can I lost during my detox?
It depends how many days your retreat will last. It also depends of your metabolism system as well. If you have thyroid hormone issue it might be less effective. Here is a list of how many kilos you can lost depending of yours metabolism system and your package also.
Below is an example from our previous client:
- Can I skip my treatments?
You can skip your treatments but there will be no refund or credit for unattended treatments.
- Can I change the treatments?
You can change your treatment to adjust your program before you book your retreat. Once you are arrived at our Villa, there will be not possibility to change your treatment. If you skip it, there will be no refund or credit for unattended treatments.
- Can I change the time of the treatments?
It would be great if you can follow the schedule that has been made for you. If you have any urgent situation, we can make changes. If so, let us know as soon as possible so we can arrange that. If there is any time changing of your schedule, we will let you know.
Regarding SPA treatment, you can change to a similar treatment if you don’t like it. You can request the therapist you like.
- Can I stay at Villa Gaia without joining a retreat?
Yes you can. You may choose to stay with us as an independent guest on a nightly rate.
- Do I have to share a room?
Sharing a room is at your request. If you want to bring your friend or family, let us know before your coming. If you come to our retreat with your friend or family just for accommodation, it is possible. You will just have to pay for the additional breakfast.
If you want to share room during the detox program, we will give you special rate.
- Can I drink the tap water.
No. Tap water is unsafe to drink in Indonesia and it is recommended to never drink it in any occasions. However, it is totally fine for daily use such as shower, hand washing, laundry, etc.
- Do you have air conditioning in the rooms?
Yes. Each room includes its own air conditioning.
- Do I have my own bathroom?
Every room has it’s own private bathroom, with western style toilet and hot and cold water.
- Do you have a swimming pool?
Yes. You can use the pool without any extra charges and enjoy swimming with a stunning view on rice fields and lush tropical environment.
- Do you serve alcohol?
No. Our primary goal is to help you to be healthier. Thus, we do not serve any alcohol.
- Is there electricity?
- Is there any wifi?
- To use your phone with a local sim card do the following:
- How safe is the villa?
*Immigration and Transportation
- Where is the closest airport?
- Do I need a visa or any other special requirements on my passport?
- Any hints for getting through immigration and customs quickly?
- What is the local currency and how do I change money? Any ATM's?
- How do I get to the retreat?
- Is there local transport available?
Your booking includes pick up and drop off to the airport of Denpasar, Bali. However, we can drive you to Ubud but not the surroundings.
- Can I participate in local ceremonies?
Our guests are always welcome at any local ceremonies that may be taking place in Ubud or the temples. Our staff will be happy to accompany you, we just ask that you dress and behave in accordance with local customs.
DRUGS IN INDONESIA
PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE PENALTIES IMPOSED IN INDONESIA ON USERS OF BANNED NARCOTICS. WE HAVE ZERO TOLERANCE OF DRUGS ON OUR PROPERTY AND WILL TERMINATE THE STAY OF ANY GUEST WHO IS INVOLVED IN DRUGS IN ANYWAY ON OUR PROPERTY. WE WILL NOT OFFER ANY ASSISTANCE TO ANYONE WHO BECOMES INVOLVED WITH INDONESIAN AUTHORITIES DUE TO THE USE OF DRUGS.